Other Names : Vella Aval, Sweet Pohe, Sweet Avalakki, Teepi Atukulu, Jaggery Poha.
- Poha / Flattened Rice :1 cup
- Powdered Jaggery : 3/4 cup
- Grated Coconut : 1.5 tbsp
- Cardamom Powder : 1/2 tsp
- Ghee : 2 tsp
the poha. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat the ghee in a pan. Add and fry the
chopped nuts. Set aside when the nuts turn golden brown color.
3. In the
same pan, mix the jaggery and
water. The amount of water should be just enough to soak the jaggery
and make a syrup of two thread consistency.
4. Switch off the flame and
add the cardamom powder, coconut and poha and mix well. Garnish with
fried cashews and serve.
- You can also check other Sweet recipes here
- Check out other recipes of Poha / Flattened Rice here
- Back to Recipe Index
Labels: coconut, Festival Recipes, poha, Prasadam Recipes, sweets