Homemade Carrot Jam Recipe
Preparation & Cooking Time: 25 - 30 mins
Yield : One cup
- Cubed Carrots : 2 cups
- Sugar : 1 cup
- Lemon Juice : 1 to 2 tsp
1. Add enough water to cover the carrot
pieces and pressure cook it for 2 whistles.
2. Switch off the flame
wait until the pressure go off. Remove the cooked carrots from the
cooker and let cool.
3. Drain the excess water and grind into a smooth
4. Combine the pureed carrots and sugar in a heavy bottomed pan and
cook until a thick consistency.
5. Stir occasionally to prevent scorching.
6. The jam should be thick and easily spreadable.
7. When it's done, add the lemon juice and mix very well. Switch off the flame and let it cool completely.
8. Store in a sterilized jar in the refrigerator.
- You can also check other Jam recipes here
- Check out other recipes of Carrots here
- Back to Recipe Index
Labels: carrot, jam