If you are looking for more Festival Recipes then do check Banana Sheera
, Jaggery Rava Kesari
, Poornam Boorelu
, Bellam Pongali
, Pineapple Kesari
, Paal Rava Kesari
and Saggubiyyam Payasam
Here's a full list of Navratri Naivedyam Recipes
Orange Sooji Ka Halwa - Orange Flavored Semolina Pudding
: 5 mins
|Cook time: 10 mins
Author:Hari Chandana P
Recipe type: Dessert, Sweet
- 1/2 cup Semolina / Sooji
- 3/4 cup Orange Juice
- 3/4 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Ghee
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
- Nuts as needed
- Heat a tablespoon of ghee in a pan and fry the nuts to golden brown color and keep them aside.
- In the same ghee, add the semolina and fry continuously on medium - low flame until it becomes light golden brown color.
- Transfer the roasted semolina to a plate and keep it aside.
- Combine the orange juice and water in a vessel and bring it a rolling boil.
- Slowly add the roasted semolina to the boiling orange juice mixture and mix without any lumps.
- Add remaining ghee to the semolina mixture and combine well.
- Cook the mixture over a low flame for a couple of minutes or until the semolina gets cooked.
- Now add the sugar and cardamom powder and mix until combined.
- Let the sugar dissolve completely. Keep stirring.
- When the mixture thickens, add the fried nuts and mix everything.
You might also like to check these recipes:
- Turn off the flame. Transfer the halwa to a greased tray and cut into desired shapes.
- Serve warm or cold.
Labels: Festival Recipes, halwa, sooji, sweets