Sun Dried Sabudana & Tomato VadamsIngredients :
Sago / Sabudana : 1/4 kg
Tomatoes : 200 gms
Water : 6 cups
Red Chilli Powder : 1 to 2 tsp
Salt to taste
1. Wash and soak the tomatoes in boiled water for 10 to 15 minutes. Drain and cool them. Remove the skin and grind into a smooth paste. Keep it aside.
2. Soak the sago in water for 10 to 15 minutes and drain all the water. Put the soaked sago and 6 cups water in a pressure cooker and cool till 3 whistles.
3. Turn off the flame and wait until the pressure go off. Remove the cooked sago from the cooker and allow it to cool. Now add the tomato puree, salt and red chilli powder to the cooked sago and mix very well.
Deep Fried Papadams
4. Make round shape papads with a spoon on a plastic sheet and let it dry in the hot sunshine.
5. Once they are dried remove from the sheet and store in a air tight container.
6. Deep fry the papads in hot oil before serving.
7. Heat oil in a wide pan to deep frying the papads. Deep fry them on low flame till light orange color.
- You can also check other Papad / Vadiyalu recipes here
- Check out other recipes of Tomato here
- Back to Recipe Index
This recipe goes to Sizzling Summer Contest
Labels: dried, papad, sago, tomato