Besan / Gram Flour : 1/2 cup
Sugar : 1 cup
Butter : 3/4 cup
Cardamom Pods : 4
Almonds : 8
Ghee : 2 tsp
1. Dry roast the gram flour in a heavy bottomed pan till the raw smell disappears and its turns a light brown color. Remove from the heat and set aside.
2. Roast the sliced almonds in a teaspoon of ghee until light golden in color and set aside.
3. Grease a plate with ghee and keep it near the stove.
4. Combine the sugar and little water in a heavy bottomed pan and place over low flame. The amount of water should be just enough to soak the sugar and make a syrup of one thread consistency.
5. Then add the gram flour and freshly ground cardamom and mix very well to avoid any lumps.
6. Keep stirring continuously. Add the butter little by little while stirring the mixture.
7. When the mixture starts leaving the sides & bottom of the pan, turn off the flame.
8. Immediately pour the mixture on a greased tray and level it with a spatula.
9. Sprinkle the roasted almonds and press gently.
10. When it is still hot, cut into desired shapes. Let them cool completely and store in a airtight container.
11. Serve a sweet snack.
Labels: besan, burfi, butter, sweets