- Chopped Spinach : 1 cup
- Wheat Flour : 1 cup, heaped
- Red Chilli Powder : 1/2 tsp
- Garlic Cloves : 2 - 3
- Jeera / Cumin Powder : 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric Powder : 1/8 tsp
- Salt to taste
1. Blanch the spinach in boiling water
for a few minutes and drain the excess water. Transfer to a bowl and cool down.
the blanched spinach
and garlic to a puree and set aside. Mix the wheat flour, salt, cumin
powder, red chilli powder, turmeric and one tablespoon of oil in a wide
3. Add the ground spinach paste and mix well. Add required water to
make a soft dough. The dough should be soft and smooth.
4. Set the dough
aside and cover. let it rest for 10 minutes.
5. Divide the dough into small balls. Then roll each ball into a circle, using wheat flour for
6. Put the roti on a hot pan, cook for a minute. Add a little oil
around the edges, turn and fry the other side.
7. Take it out and serve
hot with fresh yogurt or raita.
- You can also check other Roti / Paratha recipes here
- Check out other recipes of Spinach here
- Back to Recipe Index
Labels: roti, spinach, wheat