Recipe Reference : Rama Bommaraju
- Panasa Pottu / Finely Chopped Raw Jack Fruit : 1 cup
- Green Chillies : 3 or4
- Dried Red Chillies : 3
- Thick Tamarind Extract : 1 tbsp
- Powdered Jaggery : 1/2 tsp
- Peanuts : 1 tbsp
- Mustard Seeds : 1/2 tsp
- Chana Dal : 1/2 tsp
- Urad Dal : 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Seeds : 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder : 1/4 tsp
- Hing : 1/8 tsp
- Curry Leaves : 1 sprig
- Oil : 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
1. Wash the chopped jackfruit with lots of water and drain.
two cups of water to boil, add the rinsed jack fruit, turmeric powder
3. Close with a lid and cook till the jackfruit is tender. Switch
off the flame and allow it to cool.
4. Drain and squeeze out any remaining
water and set aside.
5. Heat oil in a frying pan. Add the peanuts, mustard
seeds, chana dal, urad dal and cumin seeds and let them splutter.
add the split green chillies, broken red chillies, curry leaves and hing
and fry for a minute.
7. Now add the tamarind extract and powdered jaggery
to it and fry for a couple of minutes.
8. Finely add the cooked jackfruit
and mix well. Adjust the salt levels and fry for a few minutes.
off the heat and serve with hot steamed rice and a dash of ghee.
Labels: curry, drycurry