- Rice Flour : 3 cups
- Roasted Bengal Gram Powder : 1 cup
- Ajwain Seeds : 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder : 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
the both flours with salt, red chilli
powder and ajwain seeds and set aside.
2. Bring 2 cups of water to a
rolling boil with 2 tablespoons of oil. Add this boiling water to the
flour and mix with a spatula. Mix very well and cool.
3. Make a soft dough
by adding the cold water little by little. Knead the dough till very
soft. The dough
should be soft and smooth.
4. Take a small portion of dough and fill
in the murukku /
5. Grease a ladle with little oil. Press the chakli maker on
the greased ladle. Slightly rotate the chakli maker round and round
until it forms a spiral shaped chakli.
6. Heat oil for deep frying.
Carefully drop the chaklis and deep fry them on a medium flame.
7. Remove and place them on a tissue paper. Let them cool completely and store in airtight container.
You might also like to check these snack recipes:
Labels: deepfried, Festival Recipes, riceflour, snack