Finger Millet Flour / Ragi Flour: 1 cup
Grated Fresh Coconut: 1 cup
Powdered Jaggery: 1 and 1/2 cups
Melted Ghee: 1/2 cup
Powdered Sugar for dusting the burfis
roast the finger millet flour until a nice aroma comes out and set aside.
2. In a
heavy bottomed vessel, mix the powdered jaggery and water. The amount of water should be just enough to soak the jaggery
and allow the jaggery to melt
3. Add the grated coconut and ragi flour to the melted jaggery and mix very well.
4. Stir continuously and keep on adding
the ghee little by little.
5. Cook until the mixture starts to
leave the sides of wok. Switch off the heat and pour
into the greased tray. Let it cool down completely and cut into pieces.
6. Dust the pieces with powdered sugar and store in a airtight container.
- You can also check other Sweet recipes here
- Check out other recipes of Ragi / Finger Millet here
- Back to Recipe Index
Labels: burfi, coconut, fingermillet, sweets